MI Products Leverage Semtech's LoRa Technology to Help Improve Public Safety
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/abf2772a-0a2e-4e3e-b8c8-7bd061704636
MiLocks, one of the first electronic door locks that is LoRa-enabled, can be integrated in a smart building or home to improve security without using a key and with LoRa Technology's low-power capabilities, the battery can last up to three years. A person, via a mobile application, is able to unlock and lock the door from up to 30 feet away. The electronic door lock also provides additional identification with biological fingerprint technology.
"Our electronic door locks, integrated with Semtech's LoRa Technology, allows people to better manage traffic in their building and homes," said
"LoRa Technology's capabilities - long-range, low-power - are ideal for smart home and smart city IoT applications," said
MiLocks is Amazon Alexa-enabled and will be available on Amazon.com® by
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low-power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: This feature enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: LoRaWAN, a Low-Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) specification, ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- Learn how LoRa enables IoT, visit Semtech's LoRa site.
- Engage with the
LoRa Communityto access free training and an online industry catalog showcasing next-generation products you need for building your ideal IoT application.
- Contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
Semtechon Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
About MI Products
MI Products provides a line of electronic door locks, MiLocks, including Bluetooth®, keypad and remote control. MiLocks offers a keypad feature which allows you to add a passcode as a form of entry, or a remote control key fob which unlocks your door from the press of a button up to 30 feet away. The W-Series locks and X-Series locks can also be operated via a smartphone. http://www.milocks.com/
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will," "designed to," or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation's or its management's future plans, objectives or goals are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
News Provided by Acquire Media