Semtech to Discuss the Growth of LoRaWAN at IoT Summit 2017
Experts estimate that by 2020, there will be several hundred billion devices that will need to connect to the IoT network. Users will need a secure, flexible platform to support their devices. LoRaWAN-based networks are able to deliver this by providing secure, bi-directional communication with long data transmission range to cover an area using minimal network infrastructure. They are designed to connect low-cost, battery-operated sensors over long distances in harsh environments that were previously too challenging or cost prohibitive to connect. The networks are ideal for industries that require low power and long range including smart cities, smart buildings, metering, logistics and supply chain, and agriculture.
"We believe LoRaWAN is quickly becoming the de facto standard for next-generation IoT technologies," said
For more information on the session and Czech IoT Summit 2017, visit iotsummit.cz.
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
Low Power: The LoRaWAN™ protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- To learn how LoRa enables IoT visit Semtech's LoRa/IoT site.
- Engage with the
LoRa Communityto access free training as well as an online industry catalog showcasing next-generation products.
- Contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Sign up for Semtech's e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
Semtechon Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
About Semtech LoRa® Devices and Wireless RF Technology
Semtech's LoRa Technology is a widely adopted low-power, long-range solution for IoT that gives telecom companies, IoT application makers, and system integrators the feature set necessary to deploy low-cost, interoperable IoT networks, gateways, sensors, module products, and IoT services worldwide. IoT networks based on the LoRaWAN™ specification have been deployed in over 50 countries.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will," "designed to," "is becoming," or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation's or its management's future plans, objectives or goals are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of
This photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com and via AP PhotoExpress.
Ronda Grech Semtech Corporation(805) 480-2193 email@example.com
News Provided by Acquire Media