Semtech Innovates in the Smart Home and Healthcare Industries with Next-Generation IoT Solution
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/34e55f11-206d-47c5-ba9b-16e798fdc7c9
The smart watches are equipped with Semtech's LoRa® devices and wireless RF technology (LoRa Technology) that features long range, low power capabilities. The features enable deep penetration capability for urban environments and indoor coverage enabling a variety of Smart Home and Healthcare applications. The Movtek devices are currently in pre-production and will be available by the end of 2017.
"Our solutions are ideal for users who need emergency aid or additional monitoring," said Arnong Lau, Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Movtek. "Semtech's LoRa Technology enhances our solutions by letting people locate their loved ones in an emergency and is easily integrated in their Smart Home system."
"As next-generation IoT technologies are developed, there is a need for more Smart Home and Healthcare applications," said
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- Learn how LoRa enables IoT, visit Semtech's LoRa/IoT site.
- Engage with the
LoRa Communityto access free training as well as an online industry catalog showcasing next-generation products.
- Contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Sign up for Semtech's e-newsletter Inside Circuit for quarterly product updates.
Semtechon Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
Movtek China was established in 2016 and headquartered in
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will," "designed to," or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation's or its management's future plans, objectives or goals are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
Ronda Grech Semtech Corporation(805) 480-2193 firstname.lastname@example.org
News Provided by Acquire Media