Semtech Targets New EcoSpeed DC-DC Converters for Automotive Applications
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at
The key capabilities of the new DC-DC converters include flexibility for a wide range of output voltages and optimized for high efficiency power conversion with low RDSON integrated synchronous switches. The EcoSpeed ICs operate at up to 90 percent high efficiency capability and a wide input voltage range of 4.5V to 40V. The DC-DC synchronous switching regulators are fully integrated power switches with internal compensation and full fault protection. The switching frequency of 2.2 MHz is compatible with automotive requirements enabling the use of smaller filter components resulting in reduced board space and reduced bill of materials (BOM) costs.
"Semtech's new EcoSpeed ICs provide optimized performance with heavy-duty, automotive qualification," said Francois Ricodeau, Product Line Manager for Semtech's Power and
Key Features of the New EcoSpeeds
- AEC-Q100 Grade-2 qualified
- High efficiency up to 90 percent
- Adjustable version output voltage range: 0.9V to (VCC - 1V) with ±1.5% reference
- Current mode PWM control with PFM mode for improved light load efficiency
- Continuous output current up to: 1A for TS30041Q and 2A for TS30042Q
- Voltage supervisor for VOUT reporting (Power Good)
- Full protection for over-current, over-temperature, and VOUT over-voltage
- Less than 10uA in standby mode with low external component count
- Product is lead-free, Halogen Free, RoHS / WEEE
- Available in Compact: 16-pin QFN (3 mm x 3 mm) for reduced footprint
- Automotive DC power applications
Pricing and Availability
The DC-DC converters (SKU: TS30041Q and TS30042Q) are available immediately in production quantities and are priced at
- View all power management products: www.semtech.com/power-management.
- Contact Semtech's customer service team for technical support or general product inquiries.
Semtechon Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
The EcoSpeed DC-DC converter platform incorporates Semtech's progressive, patented adaptive on-time (AOT) control architecture to deliver ultra-fast transient response and very high efficiency across light to full power loads. This unique architecture offers the benefits of conventional converter topologies with optimal tradeoffs for superior performance in next-generation low-power, dynamic point-of-load (POL) applications. EcoSpeed DC-DC converters emphasize pseudo-fixed switching frequency, programmable switching frequency, power save, SmartDrive™ technology, and no external compensation components are required. Our converters help designers meet today's insistent green power requirements.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "designed to," or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation's or its management's future plans, objectives or goals are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
News Provided by Acquire Media