Semtech's LoRa Technology to Transform KingTing Tech's (YoSmart) Line of Smart Home Devices
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/b3d267fd-67a5-4803-8ac8-feb643438e77
YoSmart has developed a series of LoRa-enabled products, including a HUB, a thermostat, a sprinkler, door lock, and a smart outlet for the smart home. All five devices are energy-saving and environmentally-friendly. The smart thermostat automatically adjusts the temperature of the climate control equipment in the home according to the homeowner's preference, and the smart outlet allows a person to turn electronic devices (i.e. lamps, water heaters, humidifiers, and water dispensers) on or off remotely from their mobile phones. The IoT devices using LoRa Technology provide homeowners and property managers the ability to control the indoor climate and conserve energy.
LoRa Technology's long-range, low-power capabilities also reduce network infrastructure costs, and its low per-unit and deployment costs allows for easy adoption of IoT devices and fast expansion of different types of use case applications.
"Our mission is to help make home life simple," said
"LoRa Technology works on a
micro-scale, like a home, and just as well at a great distance," said
The YoSmart products will be available to purchase online in the
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- Learn how LoRa enables IoT, visit Semtech's LoRa site.
Engage with the
LoRa Communityto access free training as well as an online industry catalog showcasing next-generation products.
- Contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
Semtechon Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
About KingTing Tech (YoSmart)
KingTing Tech. Corporation is a high-tech firm engaged in the research and development, manufacturing, distribution and servicing of smart home devices, with R&D teams located in
Forward-Looking and Cautionary
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will," "committed to implementing," or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation's or its management's future plans, objectives or goals are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
Ronda Grech Semtech Corporation(805) 480-2193 firstname.lastname@example.org
News Provided by Acquire Media