Semtech and IoTsens Deliver a Smart Water Solution for Smart City Pilot in Spain
IoTsens entered a joint venture with FACSA, Spain’s leading integrated water management company, to accurately track and control water management in Castellón, Spain. Established in 1873, FACSA provides services to over four million citizens in 70 cities. In addition to smart water metering, IoTsens provides FACSA with sound, air quality, smart parking, and irrigation solutions among other IoT services for its smart city project.
“Our smart water platform provides Castellón with relevant and valuable information for the daily management and optimization of its resources,” said Ignacio Llopis, CEO of IoTsens. “Integrating Semtech’s LoRa Technology in our smart water platform was an easy and seamless process. We were able to quickly integrate, deploy and test 600 smart water meters for a proof of concept, paving the way for the current FACSA comprehensive rollout of 30,000 water meters.”
“The LoRa-based sensors, with their long range and low power capabilities, are able to collect and communicate important household data to accurately track and control water management,” said Vivek Mohan, Director of IoT for the Wireless and
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas. Low Power: Allows unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 10 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN open protocol, provided by the LoRa Alliance™, ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- Learn how LoRa Technology enables IoT, visit Semtech’s LoRa site.
- Engage with the
LoRa Community, a platform for thousands of IoT and M2M technologists, developers, end users, and solution providers, to access exclusive content.
- Enter your products in the LoRa Catalog to showcase your IoT solution.
- Join the
LoRa Alliance, one of the fastest growing Internet of Things (IoT) alliances with over 500 members.
- Contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
Established in 2014, IoTsens is a division of the
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “designed for,” “paving the way for,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the
Semtech, the Semtech logo and LoRa are registered trademarks or service marks, and LoRaWAN is a trademark or service mark, of
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
Source: Semtech Corporation