Semtech Announces New IC Solution for SFP28 LR Modules for Data Center and Wireless Applications
The newest addition to the ClearEdge family, the GN2142, leverages Semtech’s industry leading ClearEdge CDR technology and enables <1W max power for SFP28 LR modules. The technology offers an extended Data Rate range of 24.0Gb/s to 28.1Gb/s and includes differentiated features like Adaptive CTLE and Proprietary DML compensation to maximize link robustness and performance. This allows the platform to enable a wide range of applications including data center, wireless 5G and telecom customers.
“With the 5G wireless market expected to ramp up in 2019, our ClearEdge CDR with integrated DML laser driver enables customers to succeed in this growing segment with a highly differentiated solution,” said Dr. Timothy Vang, Sr. Director of Datacom Marketing for Semtech’s
Semtech will privately demonstrate the new solutions in its OFC booth (#1322) at the
ClearEdge GN2142 CDR Product Information:
- ClearEdge GN2142 is a bi-directional CDR with DML laser driver
- Used in applications such as 25G LR modules
- Extended Data Rate (24.0Gb/s to 28.1Gb/s) and i-Temp support
- Small die size of 3.20mm x 2.01mm 33-ball WLCSP package with a 0.4mm pitch
- Adaptive CTLE to improve link robustness
- View the ClearEdge GN2142 CDR product page.
- Learn about Semtech’s optical networking platforms: www.semtech.com/optical.
- Contact Semtech’s support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
About Semtech’s Optical Products
Semtech’s optical networking product platforms provide high-performance signal integrity for optical module solutions used by leading companies in the data center/enterprise networking, wireless infrastructure and passive optical network/Fiber to the X markets. For more information, visit www.semtech.com/optical.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will,” “expected to,” “designed to,” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the
Semtech, the Semtech logo and ClearEdge are registered trademarks or service marks of
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/ab231849-8bbe-4fe1-99a0-e0896cc4a9b4
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Source: Semtech Corporation